5.04.2012

Two Food Items I Cannot Live Without

Right off the bat, I would say it would be pretty difficult for me to live without skim milk or microwave popcorn. 

Many, many years ago I switched from two percent to skim milk (and frankly have never looked back).  Now when I drink two percent all I can taste is the fat.  I know some people argue that skim tastes like water, but I prefer it.

Microwave popcorn....ah.  I get these food cravings, and they go to one of two extremes.  Either I want something "salty" (like popcorn, cheese, chips, etc) or "sweet" (chocolate, poptarts, etc).  Three out of four times I just want the salty.  Hence, popcorn.

Now here's where I really start to weird people out.

I PUT THEM TOGETHER.

I like for my popcorn to be buttery.  I like for every single kernel to be buttery.  It would be gross, however, to dip every kernel in butter before eating it.  Realizing that, I had to figure out a way to spice up the non-buttered kernels.  I figured milk and butter are both dairy products, why not dip the popcorn in the milk?  Simple.  Plus, I remember being told in elementary school that hundreds of years ago, popcorn was the first form of cereal (not sure if that is accurate or not).  Boom.

Popcorn and milk.  Friends forever.  In my mouth.

No comments: