4.28.2012

Resurrected Blog Post/They Said It

"It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy; it is disposition alone.  Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others."   ~Sense and Sensibility

Jane Austen sure has a way of saying it sometimes. 

This make me think back to my first impressions of certain people who have made appearances in my life.  Some are still with me, some are banished, some left of their own accord, and some are dancing on the edges of the light.  There have been a very few people with whom I've felt my soul "click," so to speak.  It was as if once we'd met, a missing piece had been found, or a broken link in a chain had been joined.  I felt more complete, more whole.  I didn't even have to spend much time with them to know or feel this way, it just was.

Time feels deeper, like you are living much more in these moments than in others. 

And when one of the pieces walks away, it is painful.  And you miss the crap out of them.  And every time you hear a door open, you look up and hope they will be standing there.  Every time you hear the phone ring, you hope to see their number.  Every moment could be the moment. 

It doesn't matter how long it's been, I still miss you just as much.  Everything may have changed, but nothing has changed. 

No comments: