6.23.2011

Musings


Matthew 7:15-20 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
I am going to try and remember this everytime I find myself "trippin" as it was so aptly dubbed...
It got to a point where I prayed about it, and the next day God literally moved me, out of nowhere, from one work location to another.  I've never experienced such an in-my-face answer to a prayer before. Though I can't say I never looked back, because I definitely did.  ...A couple months later, I prayed again, and now it's back.  I keep praying that my desires be God's desires.  I know it's there for a reason, but the reason is beyond my current understanding.  

I've come to realize I cannot help how I feel, but I can help what I do.  I will not act, I will merely play the "wait and see" game.  Still going with the flow, to speak.  And apply the verse above.  How often was I there when you needed me, as much as I had a capacity to be, and then how often were you there for me?  I want to say I'm not an idiot, but being stuck in this feeling makes me feel like I am.  Let's just say I'm not being an idiot blindly....I see through you. 

No comments: