4.18.2011

scaring the crap out of myself

i was on my way home from work a couple of nights ago, and the first leg of the journey for me is to drive down river road between 32 and 146th street, which is a fairly dark and abandoned stretch of road (just some gravel pits and gravel-pit related companies)...part of the road has very sharp turns.  and when i was driving a couple of cars came around those turns pretty quickly, just headlights in the dark zooming past me on the rough pavement.  and after they passed, i thought to myself (in all caps), "what if those weren't cars?!" 

which would mean they were aliens or something, which is a scary thought when you're alone in the dark, far from anyone who could help you not be abducted by aliens.


true story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your mother telling you stories again?

eyes on europe said...

hahahaha, no, but i'm guessing this is just residual mental trauma stemming from my mother's scary stories during my formative years. good call!