10.28.2005

mitali das

i've been trying to figure out a good tithing situation now that i don't have a church i consider "home." i've sent money to samaritan's purse and katrina hurricane relief, but i've been looking for something a little more permenant. for awhile i was considering spending all my tithe for one month to buy random anonymous presents for random people, but they would be $40-$80 worth, and that seems a little much, and yeah....no. probably not. didn't seem tithish enough.

i just went to the living room and saw a commercial for Feed the Children (http://www.feed.tv/child) and it got me teary-eyed (as all such things do) and i remembered back when i convinced meredith, matt arnold, and joe to sponsor a compassion international child with me. it was usually like pulling teeth to get money out of the boys, though. that lasted a school year.

so i ran to my computer and picked one of the cutest little girls on the first page of sponsorable kids in the compassion international program -- mitali das, a 3-year old in bangladesh. AAAAH she's so cute!

okay. okay.

i'm really excited about this. i love knowing what God does with my money. i'm going to mail her a picture of me and my cat. or maybe just my cat. WHO KNOWS.

oh crap, do you think i can tell a 3-year-old bangladesh...ian......that i named my cat Jezebel? don't you think her parents would be scandalized?? crap.

3 comments:

sarah b. said...

Good move. Why don't you just refer to the cat as the rest of us do: Jezzy?

eyes on europe said...

for some odd reason i haven't felt inclined to nickname the cat, i usually do. sambita became Bita really fast, and now only answers to "beety" at home. jake was jakey. hootie was already nicknamey.

i think if i shortened Jezebel i'd call her bell or zell.

Unknown said...

I think she will be pleased to know about you.